Health Benefits of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass is a superfood because it’s a powerful effective healer because it has so many vitamins and minerals! Drinking just 2 ounces of wheatgrass has the same nutrient value as 5 pounds of organic raw vegetables!
So it pumps your body with high doses of essential vitamins, nutrients, essential enzymes, and antioxidants to keep you feeling alive and healthy. It also detoxes your liver and blood.
A shot of wheatgrass at your local healthy juice bar is one of the best energy boosts you can find on the go! It’s also very easy to add the powder to a shot of juice.
So what exactly will this superfood do for me?
Wheatgrass has Vitamins A, B, and C, 17 amino acids as well as magnesium, phosphorous, iron, potassium, and sodium.
It helps to detoxify and rid the body of heavy metals and other toxins in your organs and tissue. It is very high in chlorophyll, which is a highly concentrated version of the sun’s energy.
Wheatgrass is gluten-free.
Because the juice is extracted from wheatgrass sprouts before the wheat seed begins to form, it is considered gluten-free! Be sure your wheatgrass was produced in a gluten-free facility.
My clients find that drinking wheatgrass a few times a week helps to:
- Cleanse your body of toxins leaving you feeling lighter and healthier
- Speeds up slow digestion
- Regulates blood sugar levels and stabilizes your energy
- Eases gastrointestinal inflammation
- Neutralizes environmental pollutants in the body
- Cleanses the body of heavy metals
- Protects from carcinogens
- Floods the body with Vitamins A, B, and C
- Suppress hunger/Lose weight
- Stimulate Circulation
- Treat arthritis
How do I get this magic superfood into my diet?
You can buy wheatgrass in either a powder or liquid form—whichever best suits your needs.
- Local juice bars such as Jamba Juice sell it already juiced up—go for the double shot (approximately 2 oz.)
- Buy frozen wheatgrass cubes from Evergreen Juices. Place two to three cubes in a blender with a splash of tangerine or orange juice. Blend until smooth.
- Buy wheatgrass seeds from a health food store to sprout by yourself! Here’s how:
Soak your hard winter wheat seed (also called wheat berries) overnight (8 to 12 hours). Sprout the seed in a jar for the next 16 to 24 hours, rinsing the seed well three times a day. After a very short “tail” is visible, plant the seed on top of the soil. Basic potting mix or topsoil will work fine.
Other Super Foods include acai juice, apples, asparagus, avocados, black beans, blueberries, bok choy, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, edamame, eggs, flax seed, grapes, greens such as collard mustard, or spinach, kiwi, lentils, olives, oranges, oysters, salmon, sardines, strawberries, sunflower seeds, walnuts and watercress!
In my transformational coaching practice, I help clients upgrade the level of nutrients in their diets and in their lifestyles!
Fill out my Contact Form to talk with me 1-1 about how to add superfoods to your diet every day.
(610) 844-1811 or firstname.lastname@example.org