Spark a Change
How is life going for you right now? Is there room for improvement in your personal life or career? Maybe you feel like this is the best there is. Sometimes people get so caught up in going through the motions that they don’t consider striving for improvement. Maybe you have been thinking about making some changes in your life but you don’t know where to start or you feel like there’s no hope and that this is the best you will ever get. Do you feel like you aren’t smart enough or that good things only happen to lucky people? I used to feel the same way. I reached a point in my life a couple of years ago and felt restless. I knew there was something better for me out there, but I had no clue what. I wasn’t happy with certain relationships in my life and although I loved my job, I knew deep inside there was more to life for me than what I was doing. I wasn’t feeling fulfilled anymore. I desperately needed a change. So, I started reading some self-help books and hired a life coach. I ended up finding my passion and was taught how I could turn that passion into an income. I never dreamed I could make a career out of something I loved to do! How silly, right?
I’m here to tell you that you are in charge of your life. You are solely responsible for how successful or happy you are. Look at your current circumstances and think about what you can do to make some improvements. If you aren’t satisfied with the status quo, start taking action. Little steps are better than no steps. Those little steps can pave the way for big results. You have to start somewhere. If you do the same thing day after day, you will get the same results day after day.
What would you like to change? Would you like a promotion or a whole new career? Could you use more love and joy in your life? Here are some ideas to help you kick it up a notch and spark a change:
- Read self-improvement books.
- Take a class.
- Check out meet-ups in your area at meetup.com
- Change up your routine. Go somewhere different.
- Try new foods.
- Start friending like-minded people or hang around people you want to be like.
- Volunteer by helping in your community.
- Practice healthy habits—eat better, exercise, read food and product labels.
- Go for walks. Connect with nature.
- Make it a point to be kind to someone today.
- Smile. It’s contagious.
- Adopt a positive attitude. Love more. Complain less. Don’t worry. Be happy.
- Find your passion. Learn more about it. Become an expert.
- Start living as if every day were an adventure.
- Face your fears.
- Inspire others. Be a role model.
- Laugh more!
- Appreciate all your blessings. Give gratitude and watch those blessings grow.
- Do something nice for yourself.
- Strive to have a “first” experience at least once a week
Start small and see what happens. You never know where those steps will lead you.